Rain

pitter, patter, the sound of those two words is like food for a starving person
summer, so warm and joyous near the coast, not so far interstate.
pitter, patter, pitter, patter...summer is yet to come and I'm dreading it.
Rain had better come or the grass would be parched.
pitter, patter, pitter, patter...on the tin roof...why rain in the most unecessary times and stop for a few months of burning heat?
pitter,patter,pitter,patter... how glorious is it to a farmer, how wonderful it is for the drought-stricken earth, how luscious would it be for the dead grass, how sweet would it smell after one miraculous night of rain?
pitter,patter,pitter,patter... I dream of it every night, I dance for it every day, I hope for it every brilliant morning, I pray for it every time the sun nods goodbye.
pitter, patter, pitter, patter... oh stop teasing me, and answer my prayers, for you've yet to complete my awaited requests.....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!