Life Of A Wolf

(____=your choice)
Patches: Today is the day!
Oh, hi there?! My name is Patches and I’m four and a halve months old and today I’m going on my first hunting trip! Come on! Let’s go see my mum!
Patches’ mum: Who is this?
You: My name is __________ I’m a friend of Patches.
Patches: Mum I was wondering if __________ could come with us on our hunting trip?
Patches’ mum: Only if they want to.
You: Sure!
Narrator: The hunt was successful you, Patches and the other pups caught a hare each, whilst the adults of the pack worked together to bring down an elk. After a feast on elk and hare the pack had some well-earned rest. When dawn broke you arose from your slumber, the pack was just about to leave for another hunt.
You: You’re leaving us?
Patches’ mum: We’ve encountered a bear on a hunt last night after you went to bed, we don’t want you to get hurt.
You: Can someone stay? What if the bear comes here or the other pups wake?
Alpha male: You can stay Yoki. This pup is right. If anything would happen to them…
Yoki/Patches’ mum: Are you sure sir?
Alpha male: Yes. Let’s move out pack!
Narrator: The other pups wake late in the night and Yoki is starting to worry…the pack still hasn’t returned.
You: Yoki when are the pack returning?
Yoki/Patches’ mum: I …don’t know.
You: Can we go look for them?
Narrator: All the pups start howling in agreement.
All the pups: Look for pack! Look for pack!
Yoki/Patches’ mum: I guess we can go have a quick look for them, but you pups have to stay near me. No running off!
Narrator: Yoki stops in her tracks she sees the pack but then she notices before her lay a wolf corpse. The pack tells her about the bear attack, not realising all the pups behind her listening on to their conversation.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!