April Harlow

Her eyes. They were the most enchanting things I have ever seen. They were like two balls of sun that were filled with hope, sadness and curiosity. Her hair was long, smooth and had the colour of rich soil. Her pale, tired face that carried a smile at all times. Her soft, delicate yet fragile hands were protected by the smooth grey gloves she wore most of the time. She was an angel. Wherever she looked, wherever she touched, they would be embraced with hope and happiness. This mysterious girl is the love of my life. Her name is April Harlow.
It all started on the 2nd of December 2018. It was a cold winter morning when I went into a modern coffee shop in London, ordered an espresso and took a seat at a table. After some time, April walked up to me. Her face was red but she had a determined look in her eyes. She asked if she could sit down with me, I was surprised but agreed. We talked and laughed and got to know each other a little before she gave me her phone number. This was a warm memory that we shared.
Two months have passed since we first met, during that period we have spent a lot of time together. On the 28th of February she told me about her illness and how she was going to die after three months. I was devastated. I promised that I would make her last memories that best they could possibly be. One of my cherished memories with April was in a secret place in a park. We were having a picnic near a charming part of the lake when we both confessed our feelings for each other. It was a heart-warming moment we had together.
April passed away on the 13th of May 2019. It was a warm spring day when she was buried. Tears were shed, words were exchanged and hugs were shared throughout the ceremony. Then I realised, she was gone. I wouldn’t be able to see her kind smile. Hold her soft and gentle hands. Hear her enchanting laughter that put a smile on my face or hear her angelic voice. I cried my heart out that day. I cried out all the pain in my heart. I cried because I love her, with all my heart and nothing could change the way I feel about her.
My name is William Evans and I am the person that fell in love with April Harlow. I’m 27 years old and I live in a modern apartment in London. I have short, dirty blonde hair. I can’t see properly so I wear glasses. I have five pets, three of them are dogs and the other two are cats. It’s been three years since April died, a lot has changed since her death. One thing that hasn’t changed was my love for her and I cannot wait to embrace her into my arms once again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!