The White And Pink Fox

I woke up, water splashing my hot face. I put my hand to my forehead. BLOOD!
I sat up and saw a massive waterfall but where had the blood came from? I saw little paw prints leading to the river then standing on top of a big rock was a white fox, well partially white. It had a big pink splat on its back and tiny little purple dots on its tail and green swirls all over its legs.
It was staring at my arm. I followed its gaze, it was looking at my hand. As I stared at my hand I was filled with disbelief. I had a massive scratch from my thumb to my pinkie. I turned my attention back to the fox, it had changed colour. It was now a glowing fluorescent green. It slowly walked towards my hand and licked it. I stared at the fox and then at my hand. Both were changing, my hand was healing and the fox was changing to a brilliant red colour.
Without warning it stood up and said. “Hello.” It turned blue and yellow and started scampering away.
“Wait!” I called running after it. As I ran, I saw so many different colours falling out of the fox. While it was running it was a bright orange then like an old piece of paint it peeled off the fox’s body smashing into me. I felt a sensational tingle going through my body then I stared at my hands and my legs. I was turning the same type of orange as the fox, well as the fox used to be.
It was now a light magenta with pink love hearts going from big to small from the top to the tail of the fox. I ran and ran trying to catch up. Suddenly, I didn’t even feel like I was running anymore. I felt like I was flying then I realised I was flying. if you ever have flown before it feels like your invincible and you can run away and no one will ever be able to find you, but I knew this moment wouldn’t last forever.
I knew in a moment I would plummet to my death. I was flying at least 30 metres above the land and then I remembered the fox. I glanced, it looked like it was walking along a fence. It was walking in the air and its tail was dead straight and pointing up. Its tail swayed and then I SWAYED TOO!
I realised that if the tail was up, I would fly, the tail swayed I would sway and the tail moved then I would move. I would just hope it didn’t flop and as if it read my mind, it flopped and then I fell into the waterfall. Splash, splash it went then I heard my name and I opened my eyes. I was in the pool at my own home. Sleep won’t come so easy next time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!