Hard Decisions

When I was at home studying some boring subjects and thinking that it would get worse by studying one hour more, there was a bold and loud knock on the door and a folded envelope got delivered. It was from my friend Tom and I think he is bored from studying as well…
The letter read ‘Dear my friend, I am so bored of studying this hard and boring work. Why don’t we arrange some fun things like snorkelling or a picnic? P.S. I sent my message on this paper because my mobile phone stoped working. Hope your’s is working. I thought for a moment and I knew what I was going to reply. The day is going to be splendid!
I packed up my swimming trunk, snorkelling mask, my picnic basket and I was ready to go. Five minutes later, I found myself on my friends door step ringing his doorbell a lot of times, so much that I think it was about at least ten times! Meanwhile, my friend was inside his house and the doorbell sound made him bonkers so he stormed out and he saw his friend outside. Back at my view, he was all ready as well so we went of his car and headed to the picnic area.
Our picnic mat was all settled and we started devour the food as quickly as possible. Ten minutes flat, all of out food was gone. Tom mentioned that we could go cliff jumping and I was like “Yeah, great idea!” And this time I took the drivers place and we zoomed off into the distant.
When we got out of the car, I took the car keys and started walking to it. But when we got closer to the distant cliff, I realised that it was very very deep. When we reached the cliff, I could sense my friend hesitating as well to jump and just when we thought we’ll go back, some other people walked past and they turned out to be my other friend so they asked me “do you want to jumped off?” When I heard that, I felt a nuclear bomb and sweats are running out of my cheeks like rain pouring wet. I took a deep breathe and crash landed on the water. That was the most high pressure jump in my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!