I Am A Leaf

I am a Leaf.
I am young and hopeful.
A full life lay ahead of me.
I sway in the gentle morning breeze.
I glow softly under the warm rays of sunlight.
I dance in the cooling wind.
I clap for the lighting as it takes the darkened night as it's stage, leaping and twirling around it.
I am spritely and joyful - Green as ever.
I thrive and grow in the rain, it fills me with life.

I am a leaf.
Now old and hopeless.
A full life has passed and nears the end.
I am stilled in the harsh morning breeze.
I burn and frail under the cruel rays of sunlight.
I am motionless in the icy wind.
I am bored of the lightning showing of the same tricks it has always done.
I am withered and crumbling away - Brown as ever.
I shut my tired eyes as it starts to rain.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!