Vengeance

This was the day. The day I had been waiting for since my father had died. The day I get my vengeance on those that brought pain and suffering on my family. I was ready. Ready to take them on. No one could stop me.
14 years ago

“John are you ready for extraction?” asked the control operator.
“Just give me a few more minutes the system isn’t hacked yet” said John.
Boom!
Static!
“John do you copy” “There has been an explosion in your vicinity” “JOHN DO YOU COPY” commanded the operator.
Nothing, no reply came and that was the last of John.

Present Day

I was gearing up ready to infiltrate the base. HK433 check. Silencer check. Grenade launcher check. Bulletproof vest check. I was ready.
“Now Steve the base is heavily guarded by military personnel.” “You want to enter from the left quadrant and turn left.” Commanded the operator.

I put on my vest, attached the silencer and grenade launcher to the HK433 and set off for the base. I parked my car away as a getaway vehicle and had entered from the left quadrant and turned left exactly how I was ordered. My mission was simply to get to the control panel, turn off the cameras and let my revenge kick in.

The guards were formidable, they had much more experience, so I had to stay out of their way. I crept through the vents and had crawled my way to the entrance of the control room.
“Now you want to pop off that vent and quietly make your way to the main computer” the operator instructed.
As I opened the vent, I lost my grip and the vent fell. Crash! I swore under my breath hoping no one heard but to my demise the guards had heard. 5 of them stormed in, giving hand signals to each other, I crept underneath one of the desks, with my HK433 tucked under my arm.
“CLEAR, nothing here, go to the next room” shouted the military leader.
I let out a sigh of relief. I grabbed my USB flash drive and connected it to the computer. I started the copy of all the files onto the USB. A few minutes passed but no one had come in, the copy was finished.
“Now for my revenge!” I said to myself.
I opened the door swiftly, ran to the vantage point and I now had my HK433 aiming at the door of the person who killed my father.
“He’s going to open the door in 3,2,1” I counted.
The door opened and at that exact moment, a loud crackle arose. I fired the bullet and in the blink of an eye, blood had splattered all over the door and it was over. I had gotten my revenge and I had avenged my fathers death. Panic erupted throughout the base, but I crept my way out of there and got to my getaway vehicle and drove off.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!