Dreams

Finalist in the 'Play On Words 2021' competition

Woosh! The bony Dreamgiver glided like a crow through the dark night. Light bulged through the gloomy grey shutters, as the mythical Dreamgiver poked his bumpy hands inside the dark shutters. As fast as a cheetah, the fairy-like Dreamgiver ticked off the large orphanage number. Slowly, the thin Dreamgiver carried a glowing mesh sack filled to the brim with shiny golden eggs when he entered. Inside the orphanage, children soundlessly sleep. As bored as a Dreamgiver can be, he gently flew through the huge orphanage to a child’s comfy bed. Gently, he laid down the soft fabric sack. Picking up a glowing egg, the majestic Dreamgiver cracked open the golden egg, and poured the shiny liquid into the small girl’s pink ballet shoes. The magical Dreamgiver glared at the stunning blonde ballerina as she gracefully twirled up to the young girl. Drop! A fiction book was drenched in rose gold soup. The enjoyable book had pink dots shooting out of it. Particles flew up to make one. All the glowing circles spread out to make some sort of astronaut dream. One by one, children get given dreams. The strange creature floated to one of the last beds, but before he could even crack it... A sleepy boy rolled over and shoved an egg off his relaxing bed onto a scary book! The stunned Dreamgiver quickly turned around and flew faster than a cheetah to see what horrible thing happened. Been pushed back by force, a purple light shone above and sucked the floating astronaut into the horrifying book. “Ouch!” yelled the falling astronaut. Fainting, he slowly stood up and gazed around the natural forest. The clueless boy saw wonderful things but when he had a closer look... He could see skeletons, skulls and horrifying sculptures! Curious, he tiptoed until he found a mysterious temple. Slide! The ridiculous-looking astronaut accidentally pushed a black stone. Out of nowhere, eyes started to emerge from the shadows... ROAR! The quick Dreamgiver bolted to the long chapter book and started to carefully flick the thin pages. Panting, he was the courageous flash! Looking back with fear, the shivering astronaut meets a steep cliff. Suddenly, a large evil, black beast shocked him from behind. GROAN! The terrified astronaut admitted defeat. Sploosh! Sparkly liquid fell from the sky like rain as the awful beast became devoured by the lovely dreams. He took a breath of relief and woke up from the horrifying dream. Slightly, out of the corner of his eye, the young boy noticed a black shadow...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!