Oblivion

The fire crackled and popped as the ship burnt hotter in the crater of a foreign planet, the traveller emerged from the melting wreck and then fell to the ground his sleeve torn with Burns flaring his skin, hr groaned in agony as it scorched his skin and boiled his blood.

He picked him self up holding tightly onto his arm in pain he walked over to a small pond where he took a deep breath and put his arm in the water, his arm went numb from the freezing water and he pulled it out grabbing some bandages from his storage bag and wrapped it around his arm. He looked around for shelter as he could hear a storm approaching, not wanting to know what kind of storms this planet has he ran through the forest in search of a cave.

He came across a large cave entrance and walked inside he turned on the suits flashlight and walked further down into the cave he scanned the walls and floor observing the unreadable writing on the walls they looked just like scribbles and child draw pictures, he ignored them and moved on to seeing claw marks all throughout the cave up to the walls and the stalagmites he slowed down to a stop as he could hear growling coming from further down the cave with a sudden clambering of footsteps echoing through the halls.

Something was running to catch the traveller it got closer and closer he turned around to see the horrid figure of a skinny creature with long sharp teeth and long ligaments sprinting on all fours to catch up it had blood dripping down its chin falling to the floor. The traveller was almost at the exit when he caught his foot on a loose rock tumbling to the ground cracking his visor. He screamed out for help as the monster devoured him slowly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!