Saturday suppertime crisis

Saturday Suppertime Crisis

“Hi I’m Milly – Lauren McKinalds pig. I suppose I live a pretty good life eating , sleeping and playing with the other animals at McKinalds Valley. But the absolute highlight of my life is my weekly Saturday supper. It’s a treat I get every Saturday afternoon of mushy leftovers and sour milk -yummo.”
However, one Saturday suppertime I did not get my weekly treat of mushy leftovers and sour milk. It was quite scary really because I have never ever missed my Saturday suppertime treat of mushy leftovers and sour milk. That’s actually every Saturday for the 11 years that I’ve lived here. So I had to investigate!
I stacked up some old rotten planks of wood that have been sitting in my pen for years and climbed up them then jumped out of my pen. I hadn’t been out of my pen for years so it was a great feeling. I could see my owner Lauren’s house so I ran over to it as fast as I could – which I have to admit would only be be about half a km per hour.
I eventually got to the window of Madame Lauren’s house. It was pretty quiet, all I could hear was the clothes line squeaking as it went round and round in circles. Suddenly I heard a great big Meowwwwwwwwww. “What on Earth could that be ?”
I peeped through the window and there, sitting on Madame Lauren’s lap was some kind of animal , that looked like a great big ball of fluff with slanty eyes, claws as sharp as razorblades, tiny, pointy little ears, a short twisted greyish tail. “What could it be ? “ and oh my lord, Madame Lauren was feeding the monster MY tea !
“Well I never ! “ I was so angry , upset , distraught !
I marched straight back to my pen, stacked up some logs, jumped into my pen and SULKED!!!, a nice, big, long, real, sulk .
A few hours later I was woken up by that dreadful noise again. Yes – Madame Lauren was sitting in front of me with that dreadful monster. After a while Lauren introduced me to – it, but I didn’t take any notice at all.

The next thing I new was that I was looking up the monsters nose. It was early morning and the monsters nose was in my face with its body outstretched all over mine. I pushed it off me and walked away. A few seconds later the monster came out and said “ Hi I’m Cathy the Cat, your owner brought me off old Mc Donald Henry.”
I was terrified – would Cathy the Cat have to live with me forever? Then Cathy the Cat suddenly said “ I saw you yesterday in through the window looking at me.”
In an angry voice I said “ yeah, you were eating my Saturday Supper of mushy leftovers and sour milk ! “
“Your what ? “Cathy replied
“It’s a treat I get every Saturday at Suppertime of mushy leftovers and sour milk! “ I quickly replied
“You can have it, I hate it “replied Cathy
After a while we became friends, especially after her giving me her Saturday supper – which reminds me that it is Saturday afternoon now and I can hear Madame Lauren calling now. So I’ve gotta go.
Bye

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!