Sam Got Lost

Once there was a little duckling called Sam living with his mum, dad, sisters and brothers at the Village Pond.
One day they heard their Grandma Duck was very sick. Grandma Duck was living in the Town Pond. It was far away from the Village Pond.
Sam’s mum asked him to take a special medicine to Grandma Duck. It was a big job for little Sam. But brave Sam agreed to take the medicine because he loved his grandma so much!
Next morning, he took his big pouch with the medicine and he started his journey. Suddenly, on his way, there was a big storm. Poor Sam got lost because of the storm.
Sam found himself on an isolated footpath in a big town. He could see lots of bins around him. The footpath looked very spooky. Sam realised he was lost. He was very scared. Poor little Sam started crying.
Then Sam saw a scary looking stray dog was coming towards him. Sam was terrified and he started running away. It wasn’t easy to run with his big pouch. Then the stray dog started chasing Sam.
The stray dog managed to stop Sam and talked to him. “Hi, I am Bruce, who are you?” asked the stray dog. In a trembling voice Sam said “I… I… I am Sam.” Then Bruce said, with a friendly voice “Oh! Hi Sam. Why are you running?” Sam replied “I was scared. I thought you were going to eat me, were you going to eat me?”
Bruce laughed loudly and said “No way, I would never eat you. I am a vegetarian!”
Sam started laughing too.
Then Bruce asked “What are you doing here?” Sam explained what had happened to him.
Bruce kindly said “Don’t worry Sam, I can help you to find the way to Town Pond, I know the way!” So, that’s what he did.
Because of Bruce, Sam finally found his way to Grandma Duck. Grandma Duck was very happy to see Sam. Sam gave the medicine to Grandma Duck and she got better very soon.
After a few days spent with Grandma Duck Sam went back home happily. On the way back, Sam didn’t forget to say hello to Bruce. Sam was glad he had met Bruce!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!