Dog’s Love For An Owner

Finalist in the 'Play On Words 2021' competition

High up in the courts of Heaven a faithful Kelpie awaits.
She sits alone at the gate to the sky, as she knows her master will come.
“And when he comes, he will call for me.”
If dogs had hands instead of paws, she would write a testament and will.
On it inscribed,
‘For poor and lonely stray, I would give my happy home.
My bowl, my cosy bed and the lap I loved so much.
The hand that patted my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name.
I’d will to have thee self be in the shelter, in the place of my human’s love.
Of there which seems no bounds.
So, when I die, thee beg you not to say.
“I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand.”
Instead, find an unloved dog.
One whose life has held no love or joy and give my place to him.’
Dogs, man’s best friend.
They will not go quietly, the pets who have shared our lives.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!