Kidnapped

I flinched as a peculiar smell filled my stuffy nose. Where am I? I cautiously take in my surroundings for clues. It felt like years that I had any food in my weak body. There was a mirror in the darkroom, I looked at it, stunned as I stared at myself head to toe, it was truly was scary to look at my thin body, my long brown hair that lay on my shoulders helplessly, and my terrified eyes looking back at me. Did I have a family? How did I end up here and like this? Questions swam through my throbbing head as I struggled to gain memories from my past. Nothing. There was only one window and a broken door, not even food or water. I licked my dry, cracking lips as I carefully walked around the room to see what I could remember. Still, nothing came to me. I decided to open the door and what was past it, made my jaw drop.

Although I had only one look at it, I could tell I was at a desert. The dry air and scorching sun told everything. How was this possible? I'm still alive, but how? Question after question was all I thought. There had to be someone taking care of me but who? I took a couple of steps with fear and saw only a chair and a newspaper. That was until I heard the worst. Up ahead there were shouts, men. This suddenly made me feel that I had been kidnapped. I pushed the thought away and sprinted, ignoring the intense pain growing in my legs. After running for a long time, I stopped, panting in huge breaths. Water. There was a river next to me and the next thing I knew I gulped and gulped. The water cured my dry throat and when my lips felt the pure water, I felt like drinking till my last breath. I walked and walked, day and night, not knowing where I was heading and when to stop. At one point, my legs failed to continue, and my head felt like hell. My weak body crashed to the golden soft sand as I breathed in the humid air and closed my heavy eyes. I began bawling. Who knows what the past had done to me? Fresh, salty tears ran down my pale cheeks and then onto the sand. I never got to know who I was as a person. I cried for long, painful hours until I slept.

From confusion to agony to tears. I end up on the streets in a town I'm not aware of. I never knew about my life, let alone my family, and back round was never known. I have to save up and make my own life, in order for a fresh start to the world in front of me. Maybe then I won't wake, kidnapped and confused.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!