Nature's Gift

As soon as I sat my foot onto the lush emerald grass, I was teleported to another dimension. Cool breezes whistling and vibrant birds chirping created a wonderful masterpiece. The morning sun poured through the bright green leaves hanging from dark cocoa brown trees creating beautiful patterns that danced on the dirt floor. Twittering chirpy sounds lightened the mood and broke through the pleasant and peaceful morning, broadcasting the beginning of a new day. As I continued my journey, the crisp, golden withered leaves crunched behind me and with every step I took, leaves gracefully floated down like soft feathers. But the thick apple green canopy would still stay strong and continue to protect this hidden gift. Soon enough, peculiar creatures and critters began to awake from their slumber. The woods were alive…

Squirrels got to work immediately, scavenging for food to replenish their hunger. It was a race with the other famished animals eager to satisfy them. Succulent juicy berries tinted the plain olive-green canvas that enclosed the whole forest. I continued my adventure through the long-wired vines, thick green reeds and ventured under shelters fully covered with hues of pear green leaves. Even if I was fatigued and exhausted from the tiring journey, I was gifted a magical sight that would never leave my eyes.

There stood before me was an enchanted lake. The beaming amber coloured sun had decided to take its place behind the clouds and disappear for the day. The once bright blue sky had transformed to a crimson orange and reflected on the pristine clear lake in front of me. Crickets chirped in harmony together with the blazing crackling fire creating a relaxing melody. I spent the evening next to the crystal-clear water and the trickling waterfall, swishing over rocks and causing calm ripples. The last piece of the sunlight sparkled onto the lake and then soon disappeared to take its rest. Soon the excitement had faded away. Everything went silent as if it was on mute.

Suddenly, glowing creatures stole the show. It was so astonishing that I couldn’t believe my eyes. What were these mystical bugs! They sparkled like diamonds and lit up the sky. They buzzed around making beautiful patterns. How phenomenal! They danced together with the gleaming stars and the bright round moon that hung in the sky like a pretty jewel. I made a wish upon this radiant sight and then gazed up at the wondrous night again. My breath was taken away at the beautiful sky. I inhaled happy memories and stored them in my heart. I smiled from ear to ear and slept grinning happily, not knowing what the next page of the book would unfold into. This was heaven, this was paradise, this was nature’s gift.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!