The Warfront In Afghanistan

Dear diary,
It’s Ashmita here again. For many years my family has been serving our country in various wars. From my great great grandparents to my own father. My dad is currently serving as part of the warfront against the Talibans as they attempt to take over Afghanistan, in the year of 2021. My mother, sister and I struggle daily worrying about how our father is doing. I have missed my father terribly much but was extremely proud that my father is fighting for the greater good, and the lives of many innocent citizens.

To give you some context about the long history of war that Afghan has with the Taliban, it dates back to 1998 when Taliban had control over roughly 90% of Afghanistan. Throughout this time period, a wide range of mini wars occured in the country. It was a long lasting war, many people were suffering exceedingly. Almost all of Afghanistan was very soon under the Taliban’s influence. They had outlasted power for a whole two decades. Many Afghanistan citizens were too afraid to even go to work. Many did not enjoy having to do what they had said, having to follow their rules. Women are being forced to be in hiding, and everyone is fearful for their lives. The brutality of the Taliban is presented through Malala Yousafzai who was just a teenager when she spoke up. It all started with when she started a blog. She went by the name Gul Makai and spoke out her opinion and intentions. Malala was the youngest person to win a Nobel prize, for her bravery and courage. They had finally negotiated peace in the year of 2013. .

The freedom that was achieved by the millions of journalists, judges, peace activists and citizens has all been lost in 2021. The Talibans had started to take over Afghanistan again. When trying to bring people safety, we had to get as many people as possible in one plane. Many were desperate to get in the planes. It is not worth suffering or having to live in fear so this is why many wanted to flee their hometown though it would mean leaving behind a lot .

The fear and pride we had for my Father was excruciating. It was one of the most brutal and evil wards to ever occur in the world. Watching the news every day was a struggle, the things that were occurring in Afghanistan, was just unbelievable. The bruatlies that the soldiers were enduring and surviving alongside was jaw dropping. Being a part of a family that plays such a big role in problems like this is a huge privilege.

I hope not only my father, but all the citizens of Afghanistan are safe.

Ashmita Senthil.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!