Mia And The Abandoned School

It all started when my friend Sarah and I were playing handball near the woods. While we were playing, Sarah accidentally missed the ball, and it speedily rolled away into the woods. Of course, Sarah and I followed the ball into the mess of trees and shrubs. The ball kept on rolling at full speed, until it hit a fallen branch, and stopped, yeah that was until a squirrel came out of nowhere, took my ball and threw it near a creepy, abandoned school, surrounded by trees, shrubs and sticks. The school’s tattered wooden door was about two inches open, and you guessed it, yes my handball bounced inside. I really didn’t want to go and get it, but Sarah, who was curious to see the creepy school, pulled me along. I went with her, the only reason being is because I didn’t want to walk through the dark, scary woods at this time of night alone. Sarah excitedly pulled the rusty door knob, and I huddled behind her, afraid of what might be behind the ginormous, tattered, wooden door. As soon as we walked in, with me cautiously trailing behind Sarah, the faded, wooden floorboards creaked under our feet. Creak! Creak! Creak!We saw a little staircase with an old, rusty railing. Sarah pulled me up the wooden, creaky stairs, all of a sudden we started to hear squeaking. Before one of us could ask the other what that noise was, millions of rats came sprinting down the wooden stairs! I screamed in horror, and Sarah tried to run from the rats dodging her sneakers, but instead, she stumbled down the stairs and fell. I rushed down the narrow staircase to help Sarah up. When I got down there, “Owwww!”, she moaned in pain. I helped her up the creaky stairs, and we reached the top of the staircase. As soon as we reached the top, I felt a cold pat on my back. I clenched my teeth in fear, and blinked back tears. I couldn’t cry in front of Sarah, she was already injured, and that was worse enough! When I turned around, there was no one there. Sure enough, I was petrified! What if it was a ghost!? Maybe it was just my imagination? I don’t know, but whatever or whoever it may be, I was definitely terrified! Well one thing was for sure I was NEVER going to play handball again! Me and Sarah slowly walked towards the first room. When we walked in, my hair got caught in creepy cobwebs, and we saw massive spiders crawling around. I had enough, I was just about to run out screaming in fear, when someone shouted ‘BOO!’ I thought it was a ghost, but that voice sounded familiar, it was my little brother, Issac! Sarah laughed and said, ‘gotcha Mia!’ I asked them what they meant, and they explained how they wanted to prank me, I mean I was always pranking them, so I guess it was fair!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!