The Mountain Of Monsters

A Very Long Time ago, in a far off land their lived a very foolish king called King Georg. A very vain man, King Georg couldn’t do without his ever-present guards, his small group of 5 star Michelin chefs and his personal tailor, Archibald. King Georg always had his men travel to the farthest of kingdoms to trade with Diamonds and emeralds for the finest silk and wools for his tailor to make him sewn in capes and tunics with golden needle thread-work. In his clothes King Georg thought he looked like a young vibrant man but to the servants and civilians he looked like a tusk less walrus wrapped in cloth. He had about 3 grey hairs on his head, all combed over his bald scalp, as if that made him look handsome or something and he always plastered an ugly grimace over his face.

Nobody knew where King Georg got the Priceless Jewels to trade for his clothing material. It was rumoured he was an evil sorcerer. King Georg heard the whispers about his new nickname: the “Dark one” they called him, when he wasn’t within wasn’t within earshot.

The truth was King Georg was indeed a sorcerer. He would get his secret advisor, Edgar to bribe peasant kids with jewels and take them to the mountain of monsters. The Mountain of monsters was a mountain that had caves full of Jewels. Unfortunately the caves were also filled with monsters therefore not many children returned alive and those who did were killed by the king’s guards.

One day the King Decided to find a different way to get the jewels. He flipped through his book thoroughly and came across a sleeping potion with 5 ingredients. The most important of all was Bittle Weed. Bittle Weed was the ingredient that stopped the potion from smelling. If this ingredient wasn’t included the Potion would’ve reeked like a piece of mouldy garlic pizza and whoever drank the potion would’ve woken up.

The King therefore started planting the crops and collecting the ingredients needed.

When the potion was made the king would go to the mountain and pour the potion around the mountain. The monster would all go to sleep and the king could freely get his jewels.

However one day the kingdom suffered famine and the kings Bittle Weed Crop died. Helpless the king made the potion without Bittle weed hoping it would work. He went the cave but he didn’t know a peasant girl had followed him. She promised him a mixture she had for the potion that would stop it from reeking. The king accepted and used the potion she offered instead. He didn’t know she wanted to get rid of such a selfish king who would kill her friends and the other peasant kids. The King Died in there by who knows what and the Girl got her revenge. The kingdom was crowned with a better king.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!