The Lion And The Fox

“RROOAAARRR!!”, said the thirsty Lion on his way approaching the river. When he arrived there and while he was drinking the water up, his paws got stuck in the mud. The Lion cried, “Help! somebody please help me!!’’

The following day a Fox wanted to drink water too. When the Fox arrived, he saw the poor Lion was struggling to set himself free. The Fox said, “Oh no! what happen to you oh King of the Jungle?’’ The Lion replied, “While I was drinking the water my paws got stuck in the mud.’’ The Fox said, “Don’t you worry I will get you out in no time."

Then the Fox tried to pull using his paws as hard as he could but with no luck, the Lion was too heavy. After a while, both of them became exhausted and running out of energy. They were getting thirsty too. They were so lucky that they were at the river. Suddenly an idea popped into Lion's mind. He asked Fox to go to nearby farm to see if he could find a rope or a stick. Off he went!

Lion was hoping for Fox to come back soon. He waited and waited but could not see Fox in sights. He started to panic. He kept looking towards the direction Fox was heading before. All of sudden he could see someone walking slowly towards him. "Thank goodness, he comes back!" The Fox was carrying something heavy that was why he could not walk fast. He brought back a rope.

The Fox tied the rope onto to Lion's body. They worked together. Fox pulled the rope as hard as he could one more time. With a strong push from the Lion himself, he was able to be removed from the mud at last, "Thanks buddy", said the Lion. Fox replied with a big smile, "I am glad we made it!" Then Lion and the Fox went back home feeling happy, proud and safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!