The Shadow

If you look very carefully at night, as the mist disappears the shadow still stands there, guarding his home, no one has ever seen him, only by a single light. No visitors are seen, no noises heard, only the slight creaking of the wooden path leading to and from the tree. Then suddenly everything changed.
The shadow was gone and left in its place was a suitcase. A men went over and opened the suitcase you would never know what he found in the suitcase. There was a gun, a card and some clothes. Then a police officer came and took the suitcase to try and find fingerprints. I read the card and it said, Dear Jason, I will always remember you please look after my son make sure nothing happens to him. I will be forever grateful, and I shall watch over you from heaven. Written by Josie.
We called the policeman begging for him to come back and look in the treehouse for a young boy. So, he opened the door and couldn’t see anyone, so he put out an investigation. Everyone was so panicked because they wanted that boy back safe and sound. It was the first week back at school a new kid started his name was Jason Brown. That afternoon I saw Jason walking towards the treehouse. I yelled “don’t go down there that is where the investigation is for a kid that has gone missing”.
He just cracked up laughing and told me “This is where I live, and the kid went to visit his mum and my stepdad was the person that went missing but then we found him stealing from a shop, so he went to prison”. “oh”.
A couple of years went by, and Jason was in my class four years in a row, but I didn’t care because we were best friends. The next day there was a new girl at school I told my mum that I had a crush on her, but mum as always said “that’s nice dear”. So, I walked away from her she didn’t even know that it meant a lot to me after she said that I decided to go for a walk then I saw Jason and asked him whether I could stay at his house for a couple of days, and he said yeah that’s ok with me. As we walked inside, I saw all these photos of my crush. “Why do you have all of these pictures of Jill” “oh she is my wife we repeated year 12”. I felt like my heart got ripped out and jumped on. I was shattered. I didn’t know what to do would I drop out of school and go live with my dad? Suddenly mum walk in and says dinner was ready. I wasn’t very hungry, but mum said she had a very big surprise for, so she sat me down and put my plate in front of me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!