Status Update

Status updates.

You, know, those pesky notifications on your device telling you that your technology can be better. It can do more for you. It can be snazzier. You don’t need another device, because you have everything you need.

In some ways, we can relate to these devices. We are constantly getting personal status updates, to be better or cooler than we were before.

“Your house is so nice”
Status update: Good Taste

“Congratulations on getting Dux!”
Status update: Smart

“You have an Oodie! Lucky! I’ve been trying for weeks to save up for one. They’re so expensive!”
Status Update: Rich

“Can I just say, your hair looks really nice today!”
Status Update: Pretty

“Oh My Gosh!!! You got a boyfriend! Tell me everything! Is he cute? Was the feeling mutual?”
Status Update: Taken

But what if the system malfunctions? What if something goes wrong?

“Your boyfriend broke up with you? You poor thing!”
Status update: Disposable

“Eww, look she’s breaking out today! Like, wear makeup please!”
Status update: Unattractive

“Where did you get those shoes from? Oh, Big W.”
Status update: Poor

“How did you do on the test? 58%? Oh, that’s ok.”
Status update: Dumb

“Oh, that’s an interesting choice of wallpaper. Bit old fashioned”
Status Update: Bad taste

Status update: Not so cool as you used to be

There's more to life than a status update.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!