The Theft Of The Painting

"welcome back to night time news where we tell you all the current events, back to you Nalia". " Thank you Carl, yesterday the famous painting by Proculeieus Moreno was stolen from the local gallery. The day before the crime , the painting remained untouched and the only thing people have discovered was a hooded figure inside the gallery that appeared on the surveillance cameras, we think that some one may have temped with them so we couldn't see where the picture was located, the people who own the gallery have found three suspects but the crime still remains unsolved."
Faith cooper the excellent detective insisted on coming to uncover this crime "miss Cooper you really don't have to come I assure you everything is under control!" the gallery owner Michael Barker looked quite embarrassed "that's not what I've heard" Faith took off her jacket and gloves and opened her briefcase completely ignoring Michael, whose face was turning bright red. Faith searched through her stuff "now who are the suspects?" "ah um well, a lady came in yesterday who got quite angry when we had to take her bag into the locker rooms to pick up later, and she seemed quite fond of the same painting that was stolen" Michael nervously explained "yes well, bring her in!" faith yelled " yes, right away miss Cooper" he ran to quickly bring suspect number 1 in who seemed quite calm" Faith inspected her "no she did not to it, take her away!" "yes miss cooper "next!" she yelled.
next came in Michaels worker who he had just fired and he really needed money and was most desperate so why wouldn't he steal the picture?, but once again Faith ushered the suspect away saying he was innocent by that time Michael was sweating the last suspect was Michaels cousin who had just got out of jail and also needed money so when Michael would not lend him any he snuck in the gallery and appeared as the hooded figure on the surveillance cameras but when Faith asked him if he took the painting he calmly said that it was already gone when he came to take it, and although that was a lousy excuse Faith knew it wasn't him but then Faith turned to Michael to ask if he could take her to his office he nervously showed her the way and found the painting hidden in Michaels desk she turned to him and said " you took it because you didn't want your cousin to take the painting because you knew he would but you also didn't want to tell everyone because you didn't want him to get in trouble so you took it, am I right?" Michael hanged his head nodding.











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!