Toby’s Space Adventure

The clocked stopped… 74 minutes past eighteen… it was time. I strapped my seat belt as tight as I could and then I heard the countdown. 3, 4, 1, blast off!
The force as I blasted into space was immense. My rocket shook like crazy and the engines roared in my ears. Then gradually they dulled until there was not a sound to be heard. It was so peaceful and beautiful floating through space. But it wasn’t to last.
A massive explosion shattered the peace. Sparks of fiery debris battered my ship and it’s warning sirens started booming. I urgently pulled my controls to accelerate my ship in the opposite direction of the supernova. Just when I thought I’d escaped it, I realised my mistake.
“Oh no, a black hole!” I screamed as the gravitational force sucked me into its void of doom.
I slammed on the reverse thrust at full power. The engine fought to propel me backwards but I just moved faster and faster forwards. All the sirens and warning lights pierced my ears as the ship shook me violently. It was terrifying, I knew there was no escape.
“HELP!” I roared.
“Toby it’s ok, you’re just having a bad dream” my mother said as she shook me gently. “Phew” I said and smiled, “that was some adventure!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!