Cancer Vs My Life

I woke up feeling groggy and faint. I walk downstairs and I see my mum on the phone. I say good morning, she drops the phone and I see her horror struck face. She rushes towards me and and grabs me. She runs back to the kitchen and calls the doctor. She says that I am pale and have a fever. We rush to the doctor and get several of tests done. I am hospitalised waiting for the results. I am not hungry and fall asleep sitting up. The next morning I wake up to the sound of doctors yelling and my mum sobbing. I get up and ask whats wrong, they tell me that I have been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney cancer. I am shocked, I was healthy is what I thought, though I have been feeling quite groggy for a while and now I am a cancer patient. I am scared, will I survive? Tears start trickling down my cheeks. I have very limited time to live. I am gonna die is the only thing that I can think of.They tell us they need to operate. I know I have little chance to survive. They wheel me away shouting orders at doctors. I see my life in a blur as I am wheeled into a room with bright lights. The next thing I remember is them putting a blanket on me. I wake up feeling so tired and I have no idea where I am.I see my mum in a blur and she starts smiling. I ask her where I am and says the hospital.I am scared because I am even more confused. She says I was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney cancer and everything starts flooding back to me. I have so many questions. Did I survive? Am I in heaven? Am I cured? She says I did survive, I am not in heaven but I need to be treated with chemotherapy. We will start chemotherapy tomorrow I hear my doctor say. She says that I will have to keep my strength up, because of this I know I have to eat. I eat my dinner and fall asleep feeling like I am about to throw up. The next 6 months is just me getting chemotherapy and feeling so sick. I started losing my hair and I hate it. What did I do to deserve this? Why was I chosen to be the one who was known as the sick girl in school?The doctor says that I am so close to beating cancer but I dont really feel like it. I feel so sick and I wake up every day feeling like the day I was diagnosed with it. I feel so gloomy and grey. My whole life has changed. Cancer changes everything. 3 months later I am a cancer survivor. Cancer is a unimaginable experience, just know that you have people who support you. This is my experience, whats yours?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!