The Truth

Darkness. Pure darkness. Not a single soul to be found anywhere, but his. Somehow, he had survived it. But what was it? There were no clues of any disastrous event to have previously occurred. Not a single burning speck of destructive ash. Not a single drop of blood from a rotting body of one who had been unfortunate enough to have died. This could be a dangerous circumstance. One of which he could be murdered any second. Or how could he be sure that he is in a desperate situation that could result in a fatal occurrence. Then came an unanticipated light. Flashing brightly, uncovering an extensive mass of area. It was like a television which was showing some sort of program. He had then brought his senses to stroll over to the TV-like object. And that is where he saw, himself?
The scene was unusually familiar. He didn’t think it was himself. He felt that he had been taller than that ‘thing’ in the screen. The ‘thing’ in the screen surely wasn’t him, but when he endeavoured to tilt his head to the side, it copied him like a reflection. His senses notified him to reach out to the screen, to investigate if it truly should be classified as a reflection. Reaching out, goosebumps strike his arm-hairs, tickling him. Shaking, panting like a sick dog, and worried, he gently slid his warm fingers across the electronic screen. The experiment was a success, as he ascertained that the screen surely was a species of ‘reflection’. For a second, he looked away, thinking of what his next move will be, although for that split second, the so-called ‘reflection’ had gained its confidence to charge at the person’s arm, grabbing it, gradually pulling him into the screen.
The arm of the creature had felt as soft as cotton, but its strength could be described as of an elephant. He could not resist any longer, and the once-called ‘reflection’ had won, and he had been terribly sucked into the bright monitor. Within the monitor had been a whole galaxy. Hundreds of thousands, reaching more than millions of scorching suns, magnificent planets, and endless black holes. Was this, inter dimensional travelling?
Scrutinizing above, there was surely a bright star raining blinding lights into his fragile eyes. And there it was. The memory of the event. A majestic hallway filled with hundreds of people, all enjoying their time, not aware at all of what had to have come next. He had also been there, talking with other actual humans, drinking, and eating all he could desire from a party. And the following second had unveiled a monster. A mutated creature having the abilities to transform itself into anything, anyone, and had also been the perfect killing machine. And the reflection, he thought. Turning to the creature, he questioned, “You’re the monster, aren’t you?” And that had been the last breath of our unfortunate protagonist.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!