The Last Chance

I woke up and brushed my teeth to get ready to eat breakfast. Then that’s when I heard my wife saying that my scrambled eggs were ready. As I was walking to the table, I was thinking, are zombies real? Who knows?

I’m Theodore Jameson and I am the president of island “Nictar’’. Yesterday I was watching TV and having dinner with my wife and children. We put on the news where it was mentioned that 3 million people have died because of Covid19 in one night. They were in the hospital and they had woken up from the dead! They had bitten the heads of the doctors, and they were coming for island ‘’Nictar’’!? I wondered why? Maybe they wanted to make a new zombie colony. We had less than an hour to find a boat and go somewhere they couldn’t find you! How can I save my family!? Me and my wife were very hesitant and scared. Our children didn’t know what was going on. I told my kids that we must go meet our grandparents. They did not understand what we had to go in such an urgency. I was left with no choice so I had to tell them that zombies are on our island and they might kill us like they killed all the doctors.

We had to hurry and find the boat on our island. My wife quickly went outside to find the boat keys. “Honey, there might be zombies out there!” I shouted. And what I said was true! The zombies had arrived. My wife started to run back to us. The zombies leapt 20m in a single stride and caught her. My wife died before my eyes. I quickly closed the door to protect my children. “I’m sorry, honey!” I cried. I could not save you. “Mommy!” shouted my children. I tried to take my children out the backdoor. The zombies broke through the windows and trashed the whole house. We started to run towards the riverbank, but the zombies were faster than us. They got to my children. One by one I lost all 3 of my beloved children. I found a knife right next to me. With all the strength and anger left in me, I started stabbing them.

Soon there were no zombies left. I found the boat and quickly ran to it. When I sat in, I started to cry and blamed myself for losing my family. I used google maps to find a nearby island. There were people on it! Was I saved or was this my last chance?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!