Alien In My Backyard


It was a hot summer day. I sat in the loungeroom staring up at the ceiling. Mum was out, so I was home alone. As I headed to the fridge, the house started shaking, I had to grab the table to stop myself from falling. When the shaking stopped, I went and checked the backyard. As I stepped out, I saw a shiny metal ball lying on the grass. I headed over to check it out. As I walked towards the ball, it started to open and a weird looking little alien, about the size of my hand, stepped out. It glared at me. I took a step back as it jumped towards me trying to grab my leg. I darted back inside slamming the door behind me. The little alien banged on the door. I ran into the kitchen grabbing a saucepan, as I heard the front door slam open. I quickly slid down the hallway and up the stairs into my bedroom. I waited silently and listened. After a while, I heard a “SMASH” as something shattered onto the floor, then I heard small footsteps coming up the stairs. I slowly and quietly crept out of my bedroom to see where the alien might be. I looked towards mum’s room but turned quickly hearing a “CRASH” come from the bathroom behind me. I slowly inched closer to the sound, and saw a slimy, lumpy, blue figure with great big ears and a small shrub of orange hair on its head. It sat on the toilet seat eating toothpaste and using my toothbrush to scratch its back. It hadn’t seen me yet, so I crept up behind it. I lifted the pan above my head and swung down “gotcha!” I yelled, but before I caught it, it jumped from the toilet seat poking out a long green tongue at me. I followed the alien out of the door, and I headed to the kitchen leaving it upstairs. In the fridge I found some leftover cake, put it onto a plate, then I went to the cupboard, grabbed a container big enough to fit a small alien, and took some duct tape from a drawer. I put the cake at the bottom of the stairs and waited around the corner. I hid for a few minutes before I heard the alien creature cautiously sneaking down the stairs, snatching handfuls of cake, quickly shoving them in its tiny mouth. Taking him by surprise, I jumped out trapping him in the container. I raced out the back door, found the shiny metal ball, forced the container into the ball, securing the door with the tape. I kicked the ball into the air, as I did it turned bright green and disappeared. I sprinted inside the house to clean up the mess. I fell onto the couch with a big sigh just as mum walked through the door “how have you been?” she asked, “fine” I answered, “just fine”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!