Magnetizing

Arial kept her powers secret. Not even her parents knew about the power Arial posed within her; although one person did know what she was capable of, it was Amy, her younger sister. Arial had known from a very young age that she was different, and although she was fascinated by the magic that she possessed, it also frightened her.
Her younger sister, Amy, gripped her hand tightly as Arial had practiced her power. Each and every night, Arial and Amy would go out and practice.
Arial had discovered her power in prep; she had the power to move, and shape anything made of metal at will. Arial had found the power fascinating but she also feared that one day it may go out of control. Today was the first time Arial was going to go to a sleepover; even though she is 10. Arial had wanted one for a long time although she had feared that her power was not going to adapt to a new location.
As Arial got there she gave herself a minute to think. If there was no practice today then she would just have to enjoy herself.
As the night progressed and no practice with power she was having lots of fun. It was only at night that she hadn’t realized it. As Arial slept, her hands pulled out from under the covers and orbited all around the room.
Arial got up early the next morning to find a magnified room. “Without practice last night my power must have gone crazy.” Arial had muttered to herself.
Arial had tried to put everything back into place but it just didn’t work. Her hands were magnets and nothing else. The more Arial had tried to put everything back into place the more everything got out of hand. She would either have to admit that she had a power to Amy or try even harder than she was to fix everything.
Those were her only options. It was disappointing to her that she couldn’t keep it a secret any more. Arial tried one more time in a different direction and also gave the metal things a makeover.
After 2 long hours of reshaping she finally got it done. Arial found it fun to reform everything but it was also very tiring and hungry. Arial couldn’t wait for her big breakfast awaiting her arrival.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!