Rosy And Peachy: My Friends

It was a really hot and sunny day. After school, I was playing in the garden with my brothers. It was lockdown, and I had finished all my work, so went to play. We played on the swing, jumped on the trampoline, and played on the scooter. When I was on the trampoline with my brothers, I saw some butterflies. There were two of them. One had big yellow wings and the other had small yellow wings with a dot on each. I watched them flying around and sitting on my Mum and Dad’s cabbage leaves for a long time. But then my Mum and Dad called me and my brothers for dinner. So, I had to go in my house.
The next day, it was Saturday, so I was playing outside with one big brother. My other big brother was doing work. Today it was a bit less hot than yesterday. This time I quickly went on the trampoline to see the butterflies. They were both still eating my parents’ cabbage leaves. I named them both Peachy and Rosy because I thought they were both girls. Yesterday, I told my parents about the Rosy and Peachy, and they said if they came again, we would give them some sweet honey water. So, I put out the honey water, and waited. But they flew away. I waited a bit more, but they didn’t come back, so I was really sad. Then I went back in.
On Sunday, I put out some of the honey water again to see if Peachy and Rosy would come back. I waited a bit. Later, only one, Peachy, came back. I started to get sad because Rosy didn’t come back. Later in the evening, Rosy came back and drank some of the honey water. I was happy to see Rosy and Peachy.
On Monday, after school, I waited. This time Rosy came. I waited a long time for Peachy to come, but she never came. Rosy drank a lot of the water and left. On Tuesday, I left the water out and waited, but both butterflies never came. I waited and waited but they never came. I hoped that they would come back, but after a few days they didn’t.
Luckily, some new butterflies have come because they like the honey water. I hope that they stay for longer than Rosy and Peachy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!