Clara And The Adventure Of The Wolf

“Awwwoooooo”. “Awwwoooooo”. Clara immediately woke up. She looked at the moon, it was a full moon. Then she looked at the clock in her room, it was 12 o’clock on the dot. She carefully tiptoed across the corridor to the master bedroom to her parents. “Mum, Dad” she whispered, “What is it?” her mum said. “I heard a wolf outside.” “What?” her dad said “A wolf?”. “Yep” said Clara. “Clara please go back to sleep” said her mum, “Okay” said Clara. She went through the corridor and into her room and tucked herself into bed.

“Clara”. She heard a voice then she opened her eyes. It was morning. Then she shot out of bed and ran down stairs and got a loaf of bread and her water bottle and filled it up. Then she ran back upstairs, got dressed and got a backpack, then ran downstairs and said goodbye to her parents. Then went outside to start her journey to look for the wolf.

Clara finally reached the forest, she stood frozen in front of the forest. Then she stepped into the forest, she knew what she had to do. Then she was fully in the forest, it suddenly closed behind her. For a minute she thought it was scary, but she said to herself that it is not scary. “Awwwoooooo”. It was the wolf, she thought to herself. Then she had an idea, she could follow the howl to find the wolf.

“Awwwoooooo”. There it was, the wolf. She followed the sound of the wolf. Then Clara came up to a cave, she knew it was a wolf den. She crept inside. It was the most incredible thing she had ever seen in her whole life. A wolf came to her “Are you lost?” he said. “Yes” Clara said trembling. “Where are you from?” the wolf said. “N…N…North” said Clara “I’ll take you back, okay?” said the wolf “O…okay” whispered Clara, “Get on my back”. Clara got on the wolf’s back and set out into the dark forest.

On the way, they came across a rabbit that needed help. Clara got off the wolf and quietly approached the bunny. Clara saw that it had a broken paw, she grabbed her handkerchief out of her pocket and grabbed some long strips of grass and tied her hanky around the rabbit’s paw. The rabbit said “Thank you” in a little voice and hopped away happily. “Goodbye” said Clara, hopping back onto the wolf. They were back on track to go to Clara’s small house.

“Here we are” the wolf said. “Am I ever going to see you again?” said Clara. “Yes, I will howl every full moon so you can see me once a month” said the wolf. “Okay, see you in a month, Mr Wolf.” Clara went inside and told her mother and father all about the adventure in great detail.

And that was the small story of Clara and the Adventure of the Wolf.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!