Bob And Rob: A Children's Story

Bob and Rob

Bob and Rob were normal. As normal as frogs could be. They jumped, croaked and were muddy, and that was a guarantee.

One day in the marshy swamps they met for the first time. Like two star-crossed lovers their love was sublime.
But when they confessed, unimpressed were their families. They weren’t accepted as a proper couple so they were depressed.
In a flash, they were gone.

Bob and Rob found a lily pad and settled down. No longer sad, but still holding a frown.

Bob’s legs squelch squelch squelched as he held something precious. So turn to the next page to spare us from the anticipation.

Bob carefully placed the fragile eggs on their lily pad. It was something they thought they would never have. “We can raise children!” exclaimed Rob. “Yes” said Bob “But it will not be an easy job.”

After years and years they raised two frogs called Jimmy and Timmy.

Bob and Rob decided to go back to their families.

They showed their families their pride and joy. They apologised and asked if they wanted to live all together.

Now Bob and Rob are more than normal. More than normal as any male frogs can be. They jump, croak and are muddy,
but more importantly, they are accepted... as a happy family.








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!