Always And Forever

It was late in the Summer of 1999, a warm summery night coming to an end, bringing with it a chilly gusty breeze that interrupted two star crossed lovers. The lovers were on a romantic, tropical vacation, and had taken seat on the veranda out back of their holiday home. Listening to classical music after their romantic candlelit dinner, Miranda stood up and walked towards the railing, the moon had a frosted glow which glistened in her hair. She held her hand out for Jack, with a twinkle for dancing in her eyes. Jack clutched Miranda’s warm hand softly and arose from his seat, they began to dance, spinning and lifting her gently in the frosted moon glow.
As this seemingly happy couple danced under the mellow light of the moon, each whispered ‘Always and Forever’ softly into each other, so lost in one another. So content with making memories to last a lifetime. Little did they know or predict that their romantic getaway was about to come to an abrupt end.
The next day arrived and started like any other, tropical gentle breezes again blew softly around the Island, ocean mist and spray welcomed the dawning Sun. Jack awoke, turned and stretched and found Miranda sleeping peacefully beside him. He decided to leave her sleep, had a thought to surprise her with some photos from the cliff lookout of the sun rising. Jack crept out of bed trying not to disturb her. He sneaked into the kitchen, grabbed a muesli bar and headed out. He left a note detailing his plans.
A while later, Miranda awoke to a deafening ring that was coming from the oak wood tallboy across the room. She was spooked and jumped out of bed, realizing that is was the old style phone ringing. The call was from the local authorities and the news was not good. Miranda listened and began to tremble as she was told that Jack had been in a terrible accident. Treacherous conditions had hit the cliff lookout, and Jack had been swept out to sea. Miranda dropped to the floor and sobbed, her body heaving with deep sobs. Rocking and repeating over and over ‘Come back Jack…Come back Jack…’ The next day Miranda packed up and still in deep distress headed home.
Miranda yelled out from one end of the house telling her daughter Emily to hurry and grab her things in preparation for the move. Beautiful Emily came running down the stairs playing with her toys and asked Miranda what she was doing. Miranda grabbed Emily in a soft cuddle. Her eyes began to leak tears as she held up the wedding photo of herself and her loving Jack. Emily had the same eyes and hair as Jack and was a constant reminder of her lost love. Miranda said “You know, your Dad was the best dancer. Can I teach you to dance Emily?” Emily replied “Always and Forever Mummy.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!