The Big Old Tree

On Sunday, Lucy was climbing a tree with her best friend Alyx when Lucy saw a hole in the tree! Lucy looked inside the hole. She though it looked like a slide. She looked closer and she fell right through the hole. “Arrrrrrrrrrrr!” screamed Lucy as she was bumping down the hole. Then she stopped. She found herself in a big dark forest. Then she saw Alyx bumping down the hole, screaming as well. Suddenly Alyx stopped to a halt.
“Oh,” said Alyx as she saw a piece of paper. “What’s on it?” Lucy said as she walked up to the piece of paper. “There is 1598 on the piece of paper. It’s a code, it says in code look right.” said Alyx. ‘’What does that mean?’’ said Lucy. “It means look right and there’s another clue”.
Lucy looked right and saw another piece of paper. She walked to the piece of paper. It said follow the woman. Suddenly Lucy said “Look there’s the woman”. Alyx turned around and there was an old woman, she looked very weird holding a basket with apples in it “Come on, follow her” said Alyx. So Lucy and Alyx went off. The old woman came to a little cottage. She said “Anyone here? I’ve got apples to giveaway.” The little girl inside the cottage said “Ok. I will take the apples.” Then the woman said “Here you go” and walked away. The little girl bit into the apple and fell down. “OHHH!” said Lucy and Alyx. “Is she dead?”
The best friends went to the girl who was lying on the ground. Alyx felt her belly to see if she was breathing. Alyx stood back up and said “She’s still breathing but I think she’s choked. Let’s get some help.” Lucy suggested “Let’s go through the forest and try to find a person to help us.” They went through the dark forest and they saw foxes, owls and bats. When they got to the other side of the forest they saw a little town. The girls saw a man that might help them. The girls walked to the man and asked “Can you help us? We just saw a girl collapse on the ground”? “Yes” said the man. They went back through the forest. “I wonder where we are” said Lucy. Soon they got to the other side and found the girl lying on the group. “I think she has choked, I will get the doctor.” the man said. She had back hair and white skin. She is Snow White! The doctor came with medicine, and gave some to Snow White. Immediately she opened her eyes and she was alive. Alyx saw a spinning tree and she shouted “Oh that’s the portrait! It’s time to go back home.” They jumped through the portrait and they were home. Alyx and Lucy looked at each other and smiled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!