It's Time To Hibernate

Winter arrives. It’s time for the bear to hibernate. The wind howls, the rain pours. The animals rush to shelter. The grey sky, the giant clouds, the frozen river. Everything is cold. The trees lose their leaves and the ground becomes frosty and slippery.
The bear finds shelter and slowly starts to fall asleep. There it slept, beside a thick tree stump, inside a gloomy cave. His body, nice and warm. The rain tumbles and crashes onto the cave. The chilly breeze swiftly brushes against his soft fur.
Days and nights passed and the bear still slept. As he was sleeping, the rain got heavier and heavier. No light was to be seen. Everything is dark. The trees, the clouds, the sky. Everything.
The bear woke up, feeling cold and tired. He walked slowly into the depth of the cave. Now, nothing was to be seen. At day, he slept and at night, he slept. All day and all night all he did was sleep, waiting for Spring to arrive.
Suddenly, the bear heard a loud noise coming from outside that woke him up. He opened his eyes and peeked to see what it was. It was a bear. Just like him. Brown, furry and sleepy. He now had a friend. Now the both of them, all they did all day and all night, was sleep.
The night grew cold and so did the bears. The cold wind, the cold rain and the cold air. Everything was cold, including the bears.
The next morning, they saw light. Light at last. Looking outside the cave, the bear noticed the sun. It was out! He couldn’t wait to be warm. Spring had finally arrived. Winter was gone. No darkness was seen. The bright sun shone onto the bears’ fur. For once, it was warm. The bears ran outside in joy, as they were wishing for this day to come.
Every animal there, running with glee. Oh, how happy they were, for the sun was shining. It shimmered and sparkled; how beautiful it was. They were happy to be outside again. Running around, hoping that Spring would never end. How delightful it was, to see every animal again. The wolves, the bears, the birds. They were together again.
No more hibernating, Spring is now here. Replacing Winter, the windy, rainy, freezing season now they have Spring; warm, happy and bright. The animals are all so joyful. No more rain or grey clouds or freezing wind as now, Spring has arrived.
The animals were so happy, as the birds flew from tree to tree and the wolves circled around the bears. Now that Spring had arrived, the animals could play in glee. The breeze was so perfect as it brushed against their warm bodies. The trees grew back their leaves and the ground wasn’t slippery and icy.
Now that Spring had arrived, Summer was next, meaning, this was just the beginning to an amazing, warm, fun time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!