An Unforgettable Trip!


“I am so excited this will be a trip that we will never forget” exclaimed Sam Pike. She and her family were going to Merimbula for summer! Even better, she gets to go with the Kishi’s, her best friend Chloe’s family! But before the fun began Sam had to face the worst part of the trip.
Slam! went the car doors. Click! Went the seat belts. It was time for the everlasting three hour long drive, all the way from Canberra to Merimbula. Through the excruciatingly long drive the kids played Uno and sang songs through windy mountain roads, at the end they saw a huge board reading, Sunny Hotel.
“Yes, we have finally arrived,” shouted Sam.
Full of cheer with their luggage they rush towards reception. Panting Sam’s dad said to the receptionist “Can I have the keys for Dave Pikes Room?”
“Sorry sir, but it doesn’t look like you have booked” replied the blonde-haired receptionist.
“What?’ the Pike family said in union. The greeting of terrible news had shocked them. This was even worse than the car ride!
“What about the David Kishi’s booking” questioned Mr Kishi.
The receptionist scrolled through the bookings and responded “Yes, I have David Kishi’s booking”.
Then Mr Kishi asked “Can we share our room with Pike family? We are going on this trip together.”
The receptionist said “All the accommodation in the town is full and I don’t want you to spend the night in your car. If you don’t mind and Mr Pike is okay, you can.”
“Yeah!” Chloe and Sam hollered in sync. After all the chaos, everyone was just grateful to have a roof over their heads after the lengthy drive.
Meantime, Mr Pike requested the receptionist to notify them immediately if they get a vacant room.
“Room 421 is here,” said the girls. Mr Kishi opened the door and when everyone entered the room their first reaction was
“Aaaaaaaaaah” squealed the two families in disgust. Their voices echoing all throughout the hotel.
“Eeeeeeeeeew what is that” questioned Sam?
There was a carpet of bugs! This is the worst thing that could ever happen. The two families started cleaning the bug infested rooms. “This is the worst cleanup of my life” complained Sam. “Well, it will be worth it in the end,” said her mum. After they had eradicated the foul-smelling bugs and made the room look livable. They had a wash, had dinner, pulled on their pyjamas, and played some board games. Kids were very happy to spend the night together. It felt like camping!
The next day, they woke up to sunshine and bugs. The room phone was noisily ringing. The call was from the reception which put a smile on their faces. “We have a free room” said the receptionist happily. The great news changed their plans.
Instead of going back, they could stay two more days and have a lot of fun. It was a trip like no other!









FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!