War

‘ Mum I am going, and you can’t stop me’, said Alexey.
‘Please no Alexey, you know this is how your father died’, cried Mum.
‘ I am going to protect our country and fight for our rights, and you are not going to stop me. I will be fine Mum, I will win war for our family’, said Alexey.

He was a very brave young man with family that has a sad background. His father died when he was 15 and it was the worst thing that had ever happened to him. He didn’t leave the house for two years and only came out of his room once a month. Although he had leant something about himself and it changed his perspective on life.

‘Mum you need to get Anny and I out of here, it is not safe anymore. There is a bus leaving for New Zealand tomorrow with all kids, you need to get us on there. There is also a bus leaving the next day for Women and is heading to Australia, I know it is not the same place but we can still reunite after. We will be okay’, said Valery.

‘But, ok fine’, said Mum.
Valery was an intelligent and brave just like her name. They were a perfect match and she knew it! She would spend her days creating complicated equations answers and inventions. She invented a contraption to send mail faster than the speed of light but it isn’t legal yet.

Boom!
Everyone screamed and realised mum went outside they ran down the stairs and saw an unbelievable sight. She was dead and there was nothing they could do, Alexey ran to his room slamming the door.

THE NEXT DAY…….
Suddenly Valery sees the freedom escapee bus, says goodbye to Alexey and that they love him, she runs out the door grabbing Anny as another bomb goes off. When they get inside they see hundreds of kids just like them. Some were young and others older but none are smiling. This was the bus to their future and their end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!