The Spoiled Brat Learns A Lesson

“MUM! I DON’T WANT THIS FOR BREAKFAST! I WANT PANCAKES!” Ava yelled. “Oh sweetie! You had pancakes yesterday! And I prepared this new meal for you! Try it!” Ava’s mother said. “NO! THIS LOOKS GROSS! YOU’RE SO MEAN! I’M GOING TO SCHOOL!” Ava shrieked as she stormed out the door. After a grumpy day at school, Ava reached home, to her mother looking tired and weary. “Ava darling listen, I’m sorry about this morning! How about we go to a nice, fancy restaurant to make up for it?” she smiled weakly, doing a little shimmy. “Ugh no mum! You’re so embarrassing! Get out of the way!” Ava rolled her eyes, sashaying to her large room. “Also, I need to go get a manicure!” she called. “Hmph! I wish I could be someone else! My life sucks!” Ava muttered, irritated as she lay on her luxurious bed. She stayed up for a while, scrolling through FaceBook, even though she wasn’t allowed to, before drifting to sleep.
When Ava woke up, she found herself feeling uncomfortable. “I need a new mattress!” she thought. As she sat up, she realised that this wasn’t her room! She was in an old shack, and she was laying on hay! What was this place?! Ava quickly got up and ran outside. When searching for her mother, she stumbled across a river. She looked down, and saw something baffling. She was looking at a reflection... that wasn’t hers.
It was a girl’s. She looked scruffy, dirty and messy. Who was this person?! She suddenly felt her body ache. She was so tired! Suddenly, she became face to face with a woman, who looked exactly like the girl she just saw in her reflection. “Jaqueline! Why are you just standing here?” she exclaimed. “Oh. So this girl’s name was Jacqueline? Interesting...” Ava thought. But then, out of the blue, she was sent to a nearby farm to do a ton of chores. Ava had never lifted a single finger in her life! She yelled, stomped and basically threw a tantrum. The woman looked at her in shock. “That was easy!” Ava thought to herself, satisfied. But she got the opposite of what she expected. She got scolded! The woman dragged her by the ear and threw her onto the farm. “Next time, don’t disrespect your mother.” she snapped. Ava had to work, day to night. She was tired, but satisfied with her work. Pleased, she went back to sleep on her uncomfortable ‘bed’. To be surprise though, the next day, she was assigned more work! She even had to do everything herself! This was Ava’s routine for weeks, but surprisingly she got used to it. Then, after a while, she woke up on her plush bed. As she walked down her stairs, she met her mum. “Hello sweetheart! Hey look, I’m sorry but I couldn’t make what you wanted...” she said slowly. “It’s okay mum!” Ava said happily, munching on a sandwich. Then to her mother’s shock, she even cleaned up after herself! What happened to her daughter?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!