Lockdown

A family of 4 was happily watching television when……
The tv suddenly changed to the news channel and there we saw Gladys berejiklian ( the NSW health department person) shouted “7568 new cases have been unleashed we are going into a 4 month lockdown”

“What about food and supplies” my Mum started to panic
“What about school” my little sis Lucy cried. “I will sort it out I will go and get stuff for school and essential items.” I calmly say trying to calm my Mum and sister down.

I was scared because I didn’t want to get the virus, but I knew I would be ok. I was just hoping Gladys wouldn’t extend the lockdown.I am Chloe and I am 14 years old so,I must wear a mask when I go to the shops. It is a bit annoying having to wear a mask every time I go out even just to exercise but I know want to keep me safe well at least safer than not wearing a mask


When I got back there were people protesting outside my house and they was saying the coronavirus is stupid and that they weren’t going to do the lockdown (I don’t want to look down either but look at me I’m in the lockdown and I’m sure it’s gets boring being with the same people or p just yourself 24 seven and me I have I’m from a family of eight so I’m currently at least six people not including myself because my dad he still goes to work he works so hard he comes Home and then he has to cook dinner and honestly I understand why he’s tired .the days when we went to school my little sister and my mum would get to do something special but she is now having to be constantly home with us all doing school work and doesn’t exactly get to do her special Mummy thingy.they were saying that Covid was stupid in lockdown but if you do the lockdown you can get really really creative think of new ideas and that’s what it’s all about also keeping us all safe but so honestly I understand why they didn’t want to do the lockdown but I mean at least you can still go out and exercise do you have to wear a mask at home now it’s just good to get out but at least we’re not as bad as some other places in the world.
2 months later Gladys said it was al just a drill. I was speechless I bought an unbelievable amount of toilet
and spent $451200 on just toilet paper

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!