The Forgotten Puppy

Bam, crash, boom! A forgotten puppy lived on the streets. All alone, it had no friends. It used to have a beloved family, they called her Lucy, it had dog food and a soft bed. They was good times but they were over now. She had to steal for food and a few bits of fluff and a cardboard box was the only place she called home. Lucy never had leftovers and she only had one bath a year, which was in a clear, cool lake. No one ever stopped to pat her or give her some food, she really hated that. As the rain trickled down the cardboard box, fragile tears also trickled down her cheeks like the rain but with more emotion.

Her life was dreary and unfair. She didn’t deserve this, nor did any puppy. She was determined to stop this. But she didn’t know how. She needed ideas. Lucy might have not had any people friends but she did have dog friends. Her favourite friend was Bruce. She headed to Bruce’s area. He was a homeless dog just like Lucy. Bruce wanted to help Lucy at all times. She told Bruce what her plan was and he thought it was a great idea. But Bruce had to make a few small tweaks to the draft plan. Bruce said that they needed more homeless dogs that care about living in a house and having a wonderful life.

Thank goodness Lucy had more than one friend to help her. There was Ruby, Tom and the mighty one, Jeremy. They all wanted to help, which was great. Lucy knew they would need lots of plans in case a few didn’t work, she had three plans. She tried the first plan, which was to make signs for people to care about homeless dogs. That didn’t work, plan B, use cute faces. Lucy’s last plan was to find an owner that they liked and try and find things they like and do them. She had always liked this owner Bianca, she was very kind. Lucy knew that Bianca liked dogs that did tricks, so she did a few after that it was breathtaking on Bianca’s reaction.

Just like lightning Bianca let Lucy in her house. She did not know it was as easy as that. She had to tell the others so their dreams could come true but she thought maybe some dogs should just not have an owner, so they can have freedom. But Lucy has had enough freedom and was ready for a family to call her own!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!