Secrets Are Hard To Keep

“I know what you did to Sarah.” the message read. Evelyn started to FREAK out, “How did this person find out?” she thought. “I will expose you if you don’t do what I say.” the blackmailer said. Evelyn typed back quickly “Please don’t, what do I have to do?” she felt as helpless as she looked. “Hmm… well, there is this one person…” the message said. “Oh no, please no, I can’t.” Evelyn typed. She had already done it once and because of that, someone was blackmailing her. “Don’t worry, I won’t let anyone know. I will also hide you but if you don’t…” the blackmailer typed. “Yes I know, you will tell the police what I did, just tell me who it is.” Evelyn typed, shivering with fear. “Brandon Watts, just down the street.” Evelyn sent a shocked emoji then she typed “Are you serious?! Fine, but only if you hide me after, don’t let the cops know.”.“Fine I will, meet me tomorrow at Twin River Park.” the blackmailer said as the online tab switched to offline. Evelyn couldn’t sleep all night, -turning and tossing in bed.
Evelyn walked until she met the sign that said ‘Twin River Park’ and then she saw a bridge in the distance. Her phone beeped and she opened the message which was from the blackmailer. It said “I’ve sent someone to tell you what to do. Meet him at the bridge and don’t be late.” She left the message open and walked quickly over to the bridge as she spotted a man that looked like he was in his 30s. “Are you Evelyn Wilson?” he whispered. “Yes, are you sent by him?” she showed him her phone with the messages. “Yes, I am going to explain what to do.” he said, Evelyn nodded trying to look as fearless as she could but inside she was absolutely terrified.
After the man explained the plan he handed her the bottle of poison. “All you have to do is pour this poison into his drink, it’s not that hard, is it?” she asked herself.
The leaves crunched as Evelyn sneaked to the back of the house and easily picked the lock of the back door. The house was an old one with dust almost everywhere. She saw Brandon on his bed, she couldn’t believe she had to poison him and without thinking she poured the poison down the drain “I could by a ticket to Alaska?” she told herself. Her parents would be delighted if she came back to them in Alaska. She just had to get out of this town before the blackmailer spread the word. Evelyn went back through the door. When she came to the greenery of the garden she ran up the hill that was next to the house.
1 year later…
Evelyn still remembered the day she had to poison Brandon, but now she was safe in Alaska with her parents. “Don’t worry I will find you” a new message read…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!