The Girl With The Red Hat

Once Upon a time there was a girl with a red hat. Her Ma said, “Go to Grandma's house and give her some bread, because she is sick and needs food”. So, the little girl happily set off. When she got to the woods it was starting to get dark. She heard strange noises and began to get scared. So, the little girl ran to her grandma’s house and knocked on the door but there was no answer.
The little girl started to get worried, so she ran home to get her ma. As she got home it had started to rain heavily, so she got her red coat and red hat and put them on. It had also become very windy. What happened next was not good. I was actually really bad. Her favourite hat had blown off. She followed it but soon got lost. Importantly she got her red hat back. This made her feel happy. But that feeling disappeared quickly. She soon felt scared because she couldn’t find her way back to her mother. “Oh no”, she gasped, “HELP ME PLEASE”, "I need help, I am lost”, she called out.
The little girl looked around but seemed to get more lost as she stared. She soon started to cry. She was thinking she had no hope to get back. As the little girl was looking and she saw a small house, so she went to go to it but thought what if I a bad stranger lived there. But she decided that she had to have a look as it was just so cold outside.
The little girl started to walk to the house. When she got there, she went to go inside. It looked so warm and cozy, but she kept thinking, I must get home. When she got to the door, she saw a wolf. The little girl ran past him into the house and said, “Oh I am sorry, I am just so cold”.
The wolf said, “I just want a friend because and I am so lonely out here”. The little girl asked “Why do you live out here by yourself?” The wolf replied, “Well because people think I’m dangerous”. “That is so sad”. Can you please help me get home to the town?” the little girl asked. “THE TOWN, yes of course, but I must run straight away ok, so the town people don’t hurt me”. I was just going to grandma to take her some bread. She didn’t answer when I went there before. The wolf helped the little girl get to town.
A few weeks later. Ma met the wolf and thanked him for all his help. “We needed to help your Grandma but she did not answer the door. I was so worried I ran away. But grandma was ok, she was just asleep grandma. So they all had some food and celebrated. The wolf was good after all.
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!