Nightmare

It was a hot sunny day at the beach on a weekend. I was the last person to get off the car and while unlocking the car trunk I saw people surfing on high waves so I took my surfing board out as quick as I could and walked off to the beach. I took a quick pause to take off my sandals and for the first time in weeks my feet touched the hot soft sand of the beach. I stood in silence closing my eyes for a second and I could feel the cold freshening wind of the beach hitting my face while I took a deep breath in. I quickly walked towards my parents. My surfing suit was on and I was ready to go for a quick surf before lunch. Before surfing into the water, I took a last glance at my parents who were doing the BBQ for lunch. I raised my hand up and let them know that I will be going for a quick surf in the water. I ran and hopped on my surfing board chest down. I could see a high wave coming towards me, I took the chance to show off my skills in surfing. Suddenly I tried to stand on my surfing board but I lost balance and got sucked in the strong wave which pulled me down in the water. I knew this might be my end. Opening my eyes, I saw myself stuck on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. I can’t myself believe that I survived and I’m grateful. I stood up briefly checking my surrounding. It was night and I was injured really badly by my surfing board. I saw a pretty big jungle behind me and it was freezing cold. I walked towards a rocky edge of the beach while looking for shelter for the night, I saw a human like figure with a tail instead of legs sitting on a rock and slowly but quietly I walked towards the unknown creature. Standing behind the creature I carefully raised my hand behind the creature to touch it but suddenly I slipped and fell on the wet sand with my body. The creature turned back slowly looking at me with bright shining eyes. It was a woman with long hair It hopped off the rock and started crawling towards me. BANG! I woke up from my nightmare It was still dark at mid-night I was sweating hard. I instantly looked around me to see where the bang came from but couldn’t figure it out. I took a deep breath in. I walked towards my door to go drink a cup of water but I heard knocking on my bedroom window. My eyes were now on the window. I was frightened and decided to find out who was knocking on my bedroom window at the mid night. I slowly walked to my window and pull up the curtain. I fell down shivering, I saw…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!