The Mystery Door

Lia was very excited to have moved to a new house. She was home alone with her little sister Mia and together they were exploring her new house when Lia spotted a door and decided to go inside. Lia opened the door and saw a humongous candy land. Lia rushed over to all the candy and picked a few handfuls for her sister and herself. “This candy is scrumptious” said Lia. She couldn’t help it so she grabbed two more handfuls of candy. “Mmmm this has a fruity taste to it.“ said Lia. “I got nana flavour!” said Mia. “I think I got uh… Green apple?” Lia guessed. “Ok I think we should go home now Mia, what do you think?”. “Ok.” said Mia. “Not so fast!” boomed a voice. Lia and Mia jumped and turned around. They looked back to see where the voice had come from and saw pixies! “You ate all of our candy! You’re not going anywhere until you bring it all back! Do you know how long it took to grow it all?” one of the pixies said. The pixies took Mia and said “You’re not going to get your sister back until you repay us!” “NO MIA!!” shouted Lia and the pixies took off. “Ok, uh… wait!” shouted Lia “Is there anything in particular I can repay you with?” “Hmmm I suppose you could help us with finding the missing jewel. Ok you will have to find the rare ruby, a special red gem.” said a pixie. “So where could this ruby be? asked Lia. “Well, there are three boxes on the deadliest mountain, you have to pick the right one. If you do pick the right one, you get your sister and if you don’t, you will get eaten by one of the monsters in the boxes. Be careful, the monsters are very sensitive to noise. They can sense motion from far away. If they sense you, the monster will eat you.” said the pixies. “You need to get the ruby before sunset and that’s all we can tell you so you better hurry!” said the pixies. “Alright.” answered Lia as she took a hand full of candy before the pixies could say anything and took off.
Lia looked up and saw the huge mountain the pixies were talking about, she was as frightened as she looked. “How am I going to climb this?” she thought. Lia’s foot slipped as she tried to climb the huge mountain and she nearly had a heart attack! “ I can do this,” Lia told herself “I am brave.”. she could see the three boxes from where she was, this was going to be tough. Lia held on to the mountain as tight as she could and dragged her feet up the slippery surface.
Lia handed the ruby to the pixies and got her sister, hurrying back through the door. She promised herself that she would never come back through this door again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!