Monday - Itis

So many Lollies…. I’m in candy land!
I reached for the Vanilla & Chocolate Chuppa-Chupp.
I can’t touch it, my hand goes right through it. Suddenly candy land starts going crazy, and it starts beeping like a… like a… like an alarm clock. Huh, that’s weird what would an alarm clock be doing in candy land?!
All of a sudden, darkness swoops over candyland. I open my eyes, I’m in my bed, not in candy land any more, I am in my room.
There is an Alien standing in my doorway. I’m not scared, I see this Alien every morning.
“Get out of bed!” the Alien says, it sounds familiar, and has a green face that looks like my Mum’s avocado face-mask, what weird creature would be getting up this early on I weekday?
Buried down in my warm, cosy bed. I turn over so that I’m facing the wall.
“Get out of bed!” The Alien says again, angrier.
I dive under the covers; I really, really, really do not want to get out of bed.
The Alien leaves, finally. I lay there, fantasising about lollies and chocolates from my wonderful dream. I am bored, but I don’t want to get out of bed. Looking over at my calendar, I realise it is a Monday morning, I have something on today but I can’t put my finger on it.
I can hear footsteps coming towards my door. Oh no, the Alien’s coming back, I dove under the covers, and peeked over to the doorway out of a gap for breathing ( I may be lazy, but I’m not dumb enough to suffocate in a doona)
“Get out of bed and get ready for school or you will be late!” The Alien says, it’s starting to sound really frustrated.
School! That’s where I had to go today! I glance back over and I see my Mum standing there, she is wearing a dressing gown with crazy hair and an avocado face mask. She looks like an Alien.
“I don’t wanna go to school!” I say, from under my doona.
The doona muffles the sound of my voice a bit so it sounded more like: ‘Pie goat gonna show who cool!’
“Huh?” asked my Mum.
I’ve had enough, I roll out of bed, and march up to my Mum
“I don’t want to get out of bed, I’m not going to school!” I huff as I crossed my arms, indicating that I’m clearly annoyed and tired.
“Looks like you’re already up!” Mum laughs, walking away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!