The Surprise Party

This was the best day of my life!. It was a Monday morning when Olivia had just woken up to the delicious smell of freshly baked bread with the side of avocados. She and everyone around her acted like that this was another ordinary school day. Olivia walks down the stairs into the kitchen and sees her breakfast waiting for her on the dining table. She grabs her food off the dining table, then leaps onto the couch to watch TV; the TV was surprisingly already on, and before she knew it, she had already started watching the news. Olivia said, "it's the same things over and over again".she threw the plate into the sink and ran upstairs to get ready for school. Olivia went to plywood private school as her mum thinks that all public schools are defective. She wore her uniform and grabbed her bag with her lunch box, and off she went to school. Olivia rides her bike to school as her parents are too busy to drive her to school. She arrives at school, then locks her bike and heads over to the gate to only see that the school was closed; it looked like it had closed down 100 years ago, when the last time Olivia had been here was two days ago. She was wondering what had happened during the weekend; had she missed anything, did something happen. Olivia was panicking, she didn't know what to do, so she took her bike and rode home confused; she was scared, but she didn't know why. When she got home, she opened the door aggressively and shut it. She screamed out mother and there was no reply; she went up the stairs faster than ever; she came into her mother's room and no one was there. Olivia started crying out loud; she didn't know what to do; she didn't know what had happened. She ran downstairs and the neighbourhood was completely quiet like there was no one around. Olivia was confused as she screamed "ANYONE HERE" and it was just her voice echoing, nothing else. Olivia was confused and scared. She walked down the street by herself quietly until she reached the main square, she walked to the well known alexandrine flowers garden and she sat on the bench confused and didn't know what was going on. Olivia then heard noises, it sounded like music she walked towards the sound slowly and curious to find out what that was, since no one was around. She reached a bush but it was quite taller than her so she went around it and saw... a table of sweets, chairs, speakers, lights and most of all the biggest poster EVER saying, "Happy Birthday Olivia". Everyone jumped out of the bush and screamed "SURPRISE ".She saw everyone her friends, teachers, parents, family and her whole neighbourhood. Olivia said "wait what about school" they all laughed and said that it's a public holiday. And Olivia was surely surprised.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!