Endless Road

Zit!Zap! The power shut down. The warm fire that rested amongst the gas heater has burnt out. Our refrigerator ended its daily routine and the kettle that makes my parents espresso, GONE! I laid there shivering in absolute shock. I raced to the master bedroom searching for my parents. They were not to be found. I tried thinking happy thoughts but the gusts of the freezing winter, winds flooded my brain with nothing but misery.

I set out, awaiting the journey ahead. laid my eyes down along the dark, gloomy road. I gathered up my courage and went straight for my instincts. The cold, cracky road made my feet ache, splinters and sharp twigs pierced through my skin. “What did I get my self into” I shrieked. I knew it wasn’t good. I stopped in my tracks and tried to keep myself together. My feet trembled in fear.

2 hours later and I still had no sight of any type of civilisation. I thought I was about to crack under the pressure. My mind was empty. I started to become dizzy my eyes were about to shut closed. THUD! Pitch black I couldn’t see, my best advantage was the sound of the bulging, beautiful cockatoos chirping in the distance. I woke up to the moonlight glistening on the gorgeous Springfield lake. I was confused but terribly terrified when my mind started wandering to the fun, family picnics me and my parents used to have right on the edge of the clear, shimmering lake of Springfield. Was I alive? Was I in heaven? My brain started overflowing with questions awaiting to be answered.

Finally figuring out what was happening. I picked up my strength and put it all into getting back up and pushing through. Now my hopes were lifting. The sun stretched along the coast it shone in my eyes. Making me need to shield my eyes, who knows how much longer it will stick on to my wrist in this harsh environment. Cutting through the massive, strong vines, I found myself to a fork in the path, none leading to what I hoped for. The left leading to a never ending cave and the right leading to a swampy, old lake. I went with my gut and turned towards the swampy old lake I had already been through too much darkness. The next step was to figure what the path had in stall for me.

I charged forward, my life on the line. Will I make it? I thought. My answers are yet to be found. After hours of swimming and galloping away from crocodiles I made it. To the place that I thought would be home. I searched and searched through hidden temples and underground mines but no one was there. “What happened?” “We’re am I” I cried in utter despair. I laid down on the dead, crunchy grass awaiting my death. Until I saw something a shadow. I tiptoed further to see a tribe. “My luck is turning around” I screeched in happiness as I ran down the large, steep hill to greet this miracle. I knew they could surely help me find my lost parents.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!