The Midnight Zoo

"Alice", a voice whispered around me as I walked through the old rusty gate. The moonlight shone on the sign in front of me spelling ZOO.I saw vintage cages all around me filled with claw markings on their walls. "Hello?" I squealed with my teeth rattling like crazy. I looked around while clutching my little brother jacks hand. He looked up at me "Jenifer, I'm scared " I looked up I was too. I looked at the town, all ruined and broken into pieces . We were the only survivors, The bombs had hit us only a week ago and lit fires across the town, destroying everything and everyone in its path. We suddenly heard a growl and my brother yelped I closed his mouth. I started walking towards the cage ,"NO,DONT!", my little brother screamed. GGRRRRR! I shown my flashlight at the cage and saw a fierce and hungry wolf. The wolf turned around and pushed a script towards me, I picked up the script and it told me information about a girl who used to live at the zoo and that all the animals loved her and at the end it told me that she kept a promise to come back for the animals. Her name was Alice. This is the girl who I've been hearing in my head for so long. "She sounds beautiful", Jack said ,"Yes, she is" I spinned around tracking the voice. A mysterious figure came out of the shadows . It was in a white cloak suddenly it took off its hood , it was a woman in long luxurious locks and big green eyes. She spoke "My name is Alice.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!