Follow Your Dreams

There was a girl called Emily Teresita. Nobody at school took her seriously. In class, the teacher Ms. Taki, told everyone an important announcement. She told everyone the person who makes their dreams come true, and was nearly impossible, they would get a surprise everyone wanted. Emily put her head down.
I know I have a nearly impossible dream, but it won’t come true. Not in a zillion year. Ms Taki saw her.
“Emily Teresita, would you like to tell the class your dream?” Ms Taki said.
She told the class. Everyone laughed. Some even put a paper plane in her hair that read LOSER.
She put a plan for her wish. With a little help from her teachers, she did a plan that was a failure. She tried and tried with all her might yet, her plans wouldn’t ignite.
She sighed. Her poor heart broke. The four teachers, Ms. Werra, Ms. Danni, Ms. Taki and Ms. Ellie saw this heart break burn. They then exchanged little smiles to each other.
“Hi sweetie,” Ms. Taki said. “We saw what happened and we have something to share. I once told a real story I saw. They threw planes in my hair and laughed. I showed them it one day, and they believed me then.”
“I once got told my dream wouldn’t come true at all. It was that I wouldn’t be mocked every day by giants. It came true after I moved houses,” Ms. Ellie said.
Ms. Werra began.” I told the truth and got punished for days. I had proof and everyone felt sorrowfulness about doing what they did,”
Ms. Danni said last. “I was told my dreams will not come true in a million years and after years of hope, they did.”
Ms. Taki said, "The point is though, believe in yourself…”
“…And you’ re halfway there” Emily continued.
And after a week or so, they did! She explored a new island and called it Ninotesaharbetequa (Ni-no-tessa-har-be-tekua).
Everyone was feeling bad, but did not show it. Then at school, it made mocking more popular than ever at Emily. She was hung on the wall in the bathroom and nobody found her until 12 PM. Her bag was put up high where she can’t reach. She got planes thrown in her hair. She got put in the dumpster. One day, she had to move houses and at her new school, there was no teasing or mocking. In fact, everyone was her friend! She got voted school captain, she was in the yearbook and was popular.
One day, she met a girl with no one to play. It reminded Emily of her past at her old school. They became best friends and no one was alone at the school again. And all this happened because of her belief in herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!