Indiana Jones And The Golden Ashet

My body quivered like an earthquake. My mind was engulfed by trepidation. Every step was a catastrophic hurricane at my feet. The room was as dark as charcoal and as quiet as the dead of night. Without questioning myself, I turned the knob, not knowing If I would come out of the room alive.

I grabbed hold of my fedora hat, and unlocked my gun from my holster. Rats scattered around my feet, snakes hissing like brakes on a steam train. The crusted piece of paper led me the way, through narrow tunnels and falling roofs, but eventually I found the door. Pulling it open was like allowing all your fear to engulf you. And then I saw it. The golden plate. Priceless, yet more valuable than anything on earth. Trembling, I slowly held up the ashes. I had done it! Just when I thought nothing would happen, the ground shook. Booby traps?? I had no idea what was going on. There was only one way to find out.

I sprinted out of the ancient room, covered in filth and dust. My true balance boots were no longer visible, in this dark and dence tunnel. The roof was falling in behind me, telling me to go faster. “Dr Jones!” “Hold on kiddo,” I yelled. Without second thought, I leaped for the bridge. “Uhhhh,” I groaned as I hauled myself up the defeated bridge. My hands were red with burns and blood. I clawed my hands to the top of the rock cliff, palms sweating. I hauled myself up, but had no time to stop. We sprinted for the keyhole tripping on rocks and ropes. The opening was the entrance to heaven. Would we make it?

“Rumble! Crash!” Everything was demolished behind us. We were soundwaves, speeding through the air. Suddenly, the entrance started crumbling. “Oh no.” Before we reached it, it was gone. The roof continued to crumble down. “Get in there kiddo,” I had said. Luckily, there was a little hole on the side for us to squeeze into. The rocks crumbled, and we were stuck in a little offcut on the outskirts of the cave.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!