The Rainbow At The End Of The Tunnnel

Sitting between four walls, I could hear the rain drops splashing on my window. Heavy rains and winds make me wonder if there would be any light or colour at the end of this day, like driving through a tunnel with a light at the end.
As I sit on the floor curled into a ball, I said to myself “I really want to visit my beloved mother, but this dangerous weather will not allow me to do so” as I sighed.
My mother lives in a nursing home. I fear that at any giving time her life could cut short as she has an illness.
I can’t worry too much or else ill go crazy, thinking to myself. I stormed downstairs to see what I could eat to get my mind of things. Watching tv, putting a movie on, stuffing my face in ice-cream and cake was not a good idea.
What made my situation worse was receiving a call from the nursey home. I could feel my heart run a marathon, definitely something has happened to my mother, I could feel the sweat dripping down my spine as if I fell into a puddle. I took a deep breath and answered the phone, the nurse calling my name, “Helen, Helen are you there, you need to come to the nursery right away. My heart skipped a beat, that’s it my mother has passed, it can’t be true.
The nurse shut the phone, I couldn’t even speak as if my mouth were sewed together.
The weather was roaring, still raining and cold, wind and thunder clashing at each other. I needed to leave the house, there was no other way. I had to see my mother.
I’m in the middle of driving to the nursery home, a sudden cloud swished away, the rain stopped the wind was calm and the thunder was gone and the light was shining upon the nursery home as I arrived to the nursery home. I sprinted to my mother’s nursery room. I stopped running, everything was moving in slow motion. My mother was sitting right there, nurses around her accompanying her. I ran and kissed her hands, her face. The nurses had rescued her from a minor stroke.
A beautiful rainbow reflected through her nursery room, she smiled at me as she held my hand, “Helen my dearest, my beautiful daughter you have just made it and brought a beautiful sight with you my dear, a rainbow that I have not seen for many years”, she emphasised in a tired voice.
I smiled as I put our hand in hand, tears strolling down face, “you are the rainbow my mother”.
The moral of the story is that at the end of every darkness there is a tunnel that leads to light, and that colours form into a rainbow, and that a rainbow gives light to life, never underestimate the power of life and the changes that evolve within.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!