The Princess And The Dragon

Long long ago, there lived a precious princess named Polly, who was the only survivor from the tragic tsunami that ravaged her kingdom like a feral dog. An orphan on Christmas day, the lonely, melancholic princess Polly, trudged along the seaside, mourning her beloved parents every day. But the only reply to her raw cries were the silent, sorrowful swishes from the wistful waves. However, she did have one trusted companion, a dragon named Begula, who would fly to her whenever she felt especially distraught and depressed.

Crash! One winter night, it was raining cats and dogs. Roar! A furious stampede, thunder was booming and zapping down onto the road as Princess Polly still extremely miserable, drove back to the castle. Blissfully unaware, Polly sank into such a deep melancholy that she did not notice she was soaked head to toe. Suddenly, a deafening cry from faraway caught her ears. A timid mouse, she scurried forwards and discovered a little girl bawling on the roadside. Without hesitation, the sympathetic, sisterly princess raced her back to her castle.

Bang! After the gate closed completely, the adorable appealing girl turned into a scrawny, vicious witch. A malicious monster, the evil witch had always tried to seize her, ever since her parents passed away, but the dragon had always interfered and protected Polly.

"Mwa - ha-ha-ha-ha! This castle is mine. You are my servant now! Everything belongs to me finally!" cackled the witch like a hyena. As soon as the poor princess burst into a river of tears, all the fragile, fragrant flowers in the town became gloomy and grizzled.

Miles away, Beluga knew immediately something was wrong. He smelled a rat.
"The princess must be in danger!" the dragon realised.
Like lightening in a flash, he flew to the castle and beat down its glorious gates immediately and found the precious princess. Like an erupting volcano, the fearless dragon blew raging fire as hot as the sun itself toward the wicked witch, who was as mad as a bull in a fine China shop. The witch scrambled away into the night. Polly was safe.

After that, the Princess Polly matured and learned to be bold. Happily, she lived with the delightful dragon and the pair protected her kingdom fiercely.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!